Monday, January 07, 2008

Momma's Got a New Ride

Happy New Year, everyone! Sorry I've been away so long, but Anabella was home full time for the last two weeks, and I've barely had time to shower. You know how that goes.

The only exciting thing that happened is that my car turned itself into a low rider on NYE (the air suspension died and the car lowered all the way to the ground and wouldn't come back up!) and is now back in the shop for the SIXTH time since October (note: do NOT keep a Land Rover for more than 70K miles!).

So I bought a new Hummer last Saturday! Here it is...

Isn't it cute? I know it's a bit BIG, and maybe sort of a gas guzzler, but I love it and I don't care. I recycle practically everything, and my hubby works on all kinds of save-the-environment projects...I am doing my fair share. And if you think about it, we actually downgraded from the H1 to the smaller H2. So don't give me a hard time.

Besides, I needed to get back on Al Gore's shit list for having all three of things below.

(Note: I wouldn't call my house a McMansion, but it definitely looks more like house #1 than house #2.)

So what is happening with all of you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when people buy Hummers because I have fewer people criticizing my gas guzzling ‘01 Jeep Cherokee Sport.

omar said...

Page 27 of the H2 manual says "you should not, under any circumstances, refer to this vehicle as 'cute.'"

As a penalty for this offense, you should give the H2 to me, go to your room, and think about what you've done.

Super Happy Girl said...

Omar is wrong (sorry Omar): Everyone knows you should give it to me because we were born on the same day so it juts make sense that this sweet ride goes to me.

I won't call it "cute" ;)

Super Happy Girl said...

Besides, that's what Al Gore would want.

KB said...

She's a beauty.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I for one--even though I love my Toyota Sienna--think Hummers are perfectly justifiable given that "It's a jungle out there."

As for Father Al. I wonder which is more of a gas guzzler: Hummer or private jet?

Hmmmmm.