Thursday, January 24, 2008

F*ckin' Dit

That's how it sounded coming out of my 2-1/2 year old's mouth this morning. The original version, from me, was "f*cking idiot!"

My daughter is in that monkey-see-monkey-do stage, and I cannot seem to apply the filter to my mouth when I am in the car. If anyone has a suggestion, please feel free to share it. Because road rage just takes over and the words fly out without a second thought to who is listening in the back seat.

A few weeks ago, I was cut off in traffic and screamed "F*CK!"

From the backseat, Anabella yells: "F*CK!"

Me: "Shit!"

Anabella: "Chit!"

Me: "Crap! Stop it!"

Anabella: "Crap!"

Me (to guy who cut me off as we pass him by): "Thanks a lot."

Anabella (waving and smiling at him): "THANK YOU!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaa... that's funny! I've gotten better w/ my filter around my nieces... not that it matters since my brother in-law hasn't. But when I'm out and about I never seem to notice other peoples kids around me... doesn't help when I'm with someone who starts yelling at me only bringing it to the attention of the youngsters in my presence! Thanks Lu! Arghh!!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

If I were you I would be very careful with your "road rage", it's a double edged sword. My advice is to swear to yourself all you want, but obscene hand gestures and innappropriate horn honking can be hazardous to YOUR health. This is a big city you live in. Some people are extremely violent.

Rhonda Sloan said...

Anonymous - I was looking for advice on how to curb my cussing. I never said that I honk my horn or make obscene hand gestures...because I don't. I usually have my girls in the car, and I would never do anything to jeopardize them. So please don't make assumptions and next time you want to lecture me, at least have the balls to leave your name.

Anonymous said...

Yeah anonymous... you sure did read into that one. I read no mention of horn honking or obscene hand gestures. And if you say that you don't swear when someone irritates you'll while driving... well then you're just a big ol' HYPOCRITE... or maybe you're just one of those drivers that brings out the road rage in people!
Kim