Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"WTF?" Wednesday


WTF was I thinking when I signed up for NaBloPoMo? And why didn't you guys try to stop me? It's only day four and I already feel like the Dunkin Donuts guy ... "time to write the blog. time to write the blog." I'm all about setting goals, but this is kind of like starting a no-carb diet during the holidays. Maybe I could make my life extra hard by adopting a few more toddlers or a litter of puppies that needs house training.

So anyway, I get this email today from Sur la table (a store that I love, love, love) and am instantly intrigued because Thanksgiving is approaching, we eat mostly organic meat, and they say it's like the bestest turkey eh-ver!



Then I scrolled down to see that this turkey costs $110 for a 15-pounder. Holy crap! That turkey better be the best thing I ever put in my mouth. I'm talking no gravy necessary, super juicy, tasty and slightly orgasmic turkey. I spent $65 on a turkey two years ago and felt like an idiot. (organic but 27 pounds!) The lady at the checkout even made fun of me.

But I guess the good news here is that if even 50 people are willing to spend that kind of cash on a turkey, then the economy is clearly recovering.



P.S. If you buy one, we usually eat our Thanksgiving meal in the early afternoon, so I could totally be free to join you for dinner.

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Wow - that is one helluva expensive turkey! Jeesh.

omar said...

If you were making doughnuts, I'd come by even more often.

Or orgasmic turkeys. Though now that I think about it, that would make for an awkward Thanksgiving dinner.

I'll stick to the doughnuts.

Heather said...

I went for a Heritage turkey last year and it was delicious!

www.heritagefoodsusa.com

KB said...

Let me know when you want me to bring over the puppies. We had two new litters last week, so we have plenty to choose from.