Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"What the f*ck?" Wednesday

It's official. Anabella and I are in the bribery stage of our relationship.

It started out slow enough ... some mini-M&Ms while I brushed the tangles out of her hair (her hair gets crazy tangled -- she probably deserves a cocktail, but that would be wrong) and the occasional chocolate milk here and there.

But today, it was full on blackmail, thanks mainly to SpongeBob SquarePants.

Anabella is completely enamored with SBSP. The problem is that SBSP is on Nickelodeon, instead of our usual Noggin. Noggin is commercial-free. Nickelodeon is non-stop commercials for every stupid toy and sugary snack ever made. For the past week, they have been advertising Moxy Girls (WTF is a Moxy Girl?) during every episode.

So this morning, I needed to keep Anabella home from preschool due to a scheduling conflict. And of course, she was really pissed about that and went into full meltdown mode as I was trying to get out the door.

I foolishly and selflessly thought about our poor nanny and how her day was going to go, and said to Anabella "if you are good for Ana today, and play nicely with Scarlett, I will bring you home a surprise." (thinking stickers or something silly)

As she wipes a tear from her cheek, she innocently looks up and says, "A Moxy Girl?"

F*ck.


5 comments:

Brian o vretanos said...

You should bribe yourself with a cocktail or two, then you'll be even.

Bijoux said...

I'm afraid of what a Moxy Girl could be, since it rhymes with Roxy. I'm assuming it's a Bratz style doll?

We still love SBSP here. Bubble Buddy still makes me laugh.

Trix in the Stix said...

So I had to go google Moxie Girlz (didn't know it was spelled like that until I googled it)... but they are basically Bratz... with more clothes and a positive message... and enormous amounts of hair... and you can even buy hair extentions if you don't think they have enough hair already!

Good luck with that... maybe I should get ahead of the game now and get the nieces those for Christmas! I'm sure Hannah Montana is a thing of the past by now... then again... maybe not!

Jean Knee said...

yikes! think she'll get a convertable when she's sixteen if she doesn't get the lead in a play?


I ususally use pie for my bribes

so far

Lulu said...

Do I dare say I'm fortunate I only have to deal with boys? Lord knows you can't play enough War, Kill, Hunt,and Death during a day. I think any type of doll with hair extensions would be a welcome treat.