Sunday, June 10, 2007

Three Days to Turn Your Heiress Crazy

As I am sure you all know, Paris Hilton has apparently lost her mind after only 3 days in jail. I spent a night in jail in my early 20's, and while it definitely was not a trip to the spa, it wasn't so awful that I needed medication. In fact, it made me tougher version of myself (but then again, the girlfriend I got thrown in the pokey with was a total mess, so someone had to keep their cool). We even ate breakfast with the general population and had a little showdown with a crack ho.

So, it really makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with Paris Hilton. She's alone in a cell, so it's not the other inmates picking on her or whatever. She can have reading material...and sure, being disconnected from the electronic world might be a little tough, but I think I could survive. (And quite frankly, being alone in a room for a few days with nothing but some books sounds a little like a vacation to me right now.) She must really be completely incapable of taking care of herself or handling tough situations without an entourage.

I think it would take me at least a week or two before I got weepy...not crazy, but just sad. (By that time I would be caught up on my sleep and really missing my family.)...so maybe it would be a month or so before I needed the meds.

How about you guys? How long would it take you to have a mental break in jail?


P.S. I went to see Patton Oswald and Jeanane Garofalo last night, and Patton commented that Paris couldn't handle being left alone with her own thoughts. Ha! (He even suggested they use that as a the brand of torture at Guantanamo Bay....leave the prisoners alone in a room with Paris' thoughts for days on end.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things I learn about you here.

I haven't been in the tank before, but that's because I'm very lucky. But I can talk to anyone, so I think I'd be somewhat okay. I'd try to look at it as an anthropological study. So, to answer your question, I think knowing I couldn't leave for two weeks would be difficult ... but two months and I'd be in bad shape.

What was for breakfast? I have to know.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My mom got picked up by the Feds in Florida and spent a week in prison until the charges got dropped. She said they treated her nice and because she was a federal prisoner, the other cellmates cut a wide berth for her because they figured she'd done something real bad. My mom learned that you use a looped broom straw as earrings to keep your piercings from closing up. Red Kool-Aid works as lipstick, and blush. She said that they got cable TV, reading time, and freshly squeezed Florida OJ every morning. I secretly think that she wouldn't mind going back.

If it wasn't for worrying about my half-dozen kids, prison would be a treat. I'd get medical/dental care since in real life I can't afford it. I'd get to laze around without working every day since in real life I can't afford it. I wouldn't have to pay a buttload of taxes, worry about high gas/electricity costs/interest rates either since in real life I can't afford it.

Anonymous said...

Hey you can even earn a college degree on the house. It's a pretty sweet set up, really.

Bill C said...

Probably she couldn't hear the news helicopters anymore and started getting all anxious and afraid... that people might stop paying attention.

Liddy said...

Yes well, I've never been in jail either but I think some quiet time in a room on my own with some books would be ok. I'd have time to think, to plan and maybe even to make a plan how not to end up back in there. But I think that this little girl Paris may have more problems than we realised, I just hope she gets help to get sorted.

KB said...

I think Patton Oswald may have been making a pretty big leap to assume she has thoughts...

What I want to know is what medication was she taking that she stopped taking.....

I'm really enjoying that now, after having a fit in court she's announcing that "she is a changed woman" and wants to "make a difference" when she gets out.

That's a nice thought, and I hope she comes through. I can't help but wonder what the Vegas oddsmakers have on that chance.

Paris Hilton as UN Goodwill ambassador???

Paris Hilton at a soup kitchen without photographers in tow....

Not holding my breath.

Super Happy Girl said...

Paris provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives, I say we make her Princess of America already. She has suffered enough.

About her new gig about beign all spiritual and not playing dumb anymore (I was shocked she's 27!! she acts like a total idiot): I give that little plan 1 week.

Super Happy Girl said...

I spent a night in jail in my early 20's.
Oh, do tell :D

Rhonda Sloan said...

Ok, after several requests...I will post my NIGHT IN JAIL story sometime this week!

KB - I heard it was medication for ADD. Shocker.