Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Defensive Driving, the White Sox, and a MEME

It's been a pretty uneventful few days here at the B.S. Cafe. I was taking defensive driving online, which was a real barrel of monkeys. It was actually much better than going to one of those classes, and I learned a few things, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Did you know that...
  • You can turn left on a red light onto a one-way street.

  • Alcohol is absorbed into your blood streamed faster when combined with a carbonated beverage.

  • It would take a train going 60 MPH a mile to stop.
I also spent the weekend watching the Astros play the White Sox and I didn't get to see Scott Podsednik even once...apparently he's injured, but he could have at last walked across the field in a towel or something! You know, just for the fans. (If you don't know about my crush on him, go here.)

So after all that non-excitement, I finally got around to seeing what my bloggy friends have been up to and I found out I was tagged for a MEME over at crap-o-rama (Don't you just love that name?) So here it goes...

Five Reasons Why I Blog

1. It's fun...and it keeps the creative side of my brain happy.
2. I like being part of the blogging community and "meeting" new people.
3. It's the diary I always wanted to keep...and it helps me relive my crazy checkered past. (which is fun when life turns predictable.)
4. I started blogging when I was having a small identity crisis (meaning I didn't have one....I was a mommy and a wife, but not just ME) and it really helped me through it. Blogging saved me from buying a sports car, cutting off all my hair, or getting a cabana boy.
5. I love being able to say "that's going in my blog!"

I am only tagging others if they want to be tagged, so consider this a suggestion... No Cool Story, Elastic, Compulsive Writer, yerdoingitwrong, and Toni.

5 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Blogging saved me from buying a sports car, cutting off all my hair, or getting a cabana boy.
Amen. I did try cutting off all of my hair...it backfired on me.

-You can turn left on a red light onto a one-way street. Really? How?

Thanks for the tag!

Bill C said...

Why, this must be your lucky day: I've tagged you for yet another meme.

Oh and "lucky day" isn't the same as "just your luck." In case you were, you know. Wondering.

I'd also say it's not the same as getting lucky but I'm pretty sure you already know.

Special K ~Toni said...

Is that me? Or someone else?

Sketchy said...

Hey I knew the left on a one-way street thing. Do I get a prize? Personally I'm a fan of cutting off your hair, but that's just me, and lets face it my blog hasn't exactly been hopping lately, so maybe that's the problem.

Rhonda Sloan said...

NCS - You stop, yield right of way to pedestrians, then you can turn left onto a one-way street...if you are going the right way of course. ha!

RaJ - thanks! Two tags in one week. At this rate, I will never have to come up with something original again. yeah!

Toni - YES, it's you!

Sketchy - I actually am going to cut off my hair, right before I have this baby, for Locks of Love. If it looks awful, I will have at least 3 months in hiding.