Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spiraling

I made the rounds to some of my favorite blogs at lunch and there seems to be a common theme these days ... the economy, bad times and general blah-ness.

And it's much of the same going on here, which is why I haven't been blogging. I haven't enjoyed much free time (Dan has been traveling a lot), and it's all been doom and gloom lately, so I didn't want to bring you all down. Work life (still at AIG) a total mess? Check. Personal life (big demands, little resources) taking a toll? Check. Family drama and turmoil (my poor dad is sleeping on my couch ... don't ask)? Check. Turning almost 40 this week? Check. Want to run away? Check.

I am still a "half-full" girl, but lately I've needed some help staying there. While driving in the car this weekend, Anabella was noticing all the wild flowers ... naming off the colors ... and then she stops and says "Mommy, those flowers are for you. ALL the flowers are for you." Of course that got me all teary-eyed. How sweet! What a precious little girl. I spent the rest of the afternoon in one of those "I should appreciate the things I have" moods.

Not five hours later, I am changing into sleep clothes and Anabella laughs and points to the back of my leg. "That's bumpy!"

Anabella giveth, Anabella taketh away.



-- The B.S. Cafe is now serving a little reality to a certain three-year-old girl. That's cellulite, Anabella, and you will know all about it in approximately 20 years.

5 comments:

M@ said...

Make sure you're not drinking something while reading this blog? Ooops. Iced Tea hurts!!! ;)

I hear you tho, it's been a bit of gloom and doom which is why when I have posted, it's more interesting ideas than, How are you? Me? Yeah, this is suckin right now ;)

As someone who just hit 40, it's fine, nothing changes, I'm a total liar, you won't notice any difference, yes you will, okay enough of this :)

Stop to smell some of those colorful flowers and revel in that for a bit. You're daughter is a smart cookie.

omar said...

I want to say something comforting here, because my parents taught me to respect my elders. And because you're old, you qualify.

I'll be back when I think of something.

Brian o vretanos said...

It sounds like you're coping, despite it all.

The solution to the age thing is to give up counting, and stop celebrating your birthday. Give it a few years and you won't remember how old you are, so you won't notice when you're 50.

Stasa said...

Sorry, I disagree with Brian -- do NOT stop celebrating! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope your day is full of fun surprises. You deserve it!

Jean Knee said...

Happy Birthday Rhonda,


you're not even ancient yet so rock on