Sunday, February 08, 2009

Happy Birthday, KB!

My good friend KB turned the big 4-0 last week and we celebrated last night with lots of cocktails, dancing and general tomfoolery. I really don't go "out out" very often (because dealing with two toddlers while nursing a hangover is like going to a rock concert with a migraine), but after a few glasses of wine and two double Grey Goose and cranberries, 25-year-old Rhonda showed up ... dancing and ordering shots.

And I almost pulled off the whole "38 is the new 25 thing", but here is how I know that a.) I cannot party like a 20 year old, and b.) I was way over served last night.

  1. I convinced my husband to stop at Jack in the Box at 1:30 a.m. where I proceeded to order a very large hamburger and an egg roll.
  2. My bar tab - $160
  3. First thought this morning ... "I hope no one publishes any of those photos to Facebook/Blogger/MySpace" (And immediately sent text messages to every one with a camera).
  4. Drove to Sonic at 9:00 a.m. to order a Coke for breakfast
  5. Took my first shot of Jagermeister in well over 15 years
  6. The faint memory of dancing to the Flo Rida song "Low," and slapping my own ass in a public place.



-- The B.S. Cafe is now serving shots of "Act your age."

3 comments:

KB said...

People may claim 40 is the new 30, but my body would argue that point. While I was sober enough to refuse to sing in public, I did accept several shots....never a good idea! However, it was a great party. Thank you!

Trix in the Stix said...

OMG... the day of misery was totally worth it! Even though I had several people much younger than me passed out at my casa I am the ONLY one that was hugging the Porcelain God all night! Once again proof that I can NOT party like a rockstar!!

P.S. Your pictures are safe with me... but I sure wish the "Low" dancing shots would have come out!! Rhonda's got some moves! I was impressed!! And I was very honored to have the ass slap directed to me!! Ha!!

Lulu said...

I had a cheeseburger and egg rolls for breakfast!!!! Jack Rocks!