Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

I was playing with sweet little Scarlett's toes and noticed what looked like a small cut on the bottom of her foot. Upon closer inspection, it looked like a splinter...but then I realized it was a HAIR. A hair, but a splinter! A hair splinter? WTF??

Of course, Dan thought I was out of my mind, so I did an Internet search and found a few websites that mentioned such a thing....apparently hair stylists and dog groomers occasionally have this bizarre experience too.

So, I got out the tweezers and after a few minutes, I had the damn thing out. It was one of our bulldog's hairs. Can you frickin' believe that?

I know it's blurry, but that red line on her foot is where a hair was embedded. ICK!

10 comments:

KB said...

Wow. I've never heard of a hair splinter, let alone a dog-hair splinter. I'm sure getting that out was loads of fun.

omar said...

Whoa, not safe for work! How about a warning next time there's frontal nudity?

Regarding the hair splinter, I've actually given myself one with my own facial hair. It was, in fact, bizarre. I rubbed my face, and next thing I knew, a small hair was under the skin on my thumb.

I lost track of how old baby ScarScar is, is she standing/walking already?! It seems like just yesterday that we were all suggesting names...

Rhonda Sloan said...

Little baby ScarScar will be ONE just two weeks from today! She has been walking for 2-1/2 months now and is already off bottles and starting to talk. I think having an older sibling really speeds up the learning curve. How's your little girl doing? Sleeping through the night yet?

Rhonda Sloan said...

LOL, Dan. (Ok, weird...I was just posting on your blog.)

Do I need to put a patch on my husband? Clearly, I didn't think this through...I thought it was just a picture of a baby and her foot.

Bee said...

(:-O
I am shocked!! That is so freakin' unbelievable!!

Super Happy Girl said...

No. nuh huh.
How's that even possible. No way.
Scary.

Super Happy Girl said...

*NIPPLE warning*

Trix in the Stix said...

Hmmm... Rumba anyone?

Anonymous said...

So I knew you could get Tarantula hair in your eyes, but I would never have guess you could get a dog hair sliver in your foot. OUCH!
(and Omar--as usual--cracks me up)

Jean Knee said...

I didn't even notice the man nipple.