Thursday, March 06, 2008

One Lone Jackass

Several months ago I noticed that in a pasture on the way to Anabella's school, there is a large herd of black cattle...and one, white jackass. (that's him in the back) Every day I look as we pass by, and it's still just the cattle and him.

So I started wondering (because my mind wonders when the Wiggles are on the radio for the whole trip), does he think he is a black cow? What do the cows think about him? And is the owner of these animals making some sort of statement...political, social or otherwise?

What do you think?

P.S. If you click on the photo you can see the "larger" version where you can clearly see that he is a jackass. :)

4 comments:

~Sheryl said...

I think it's proof you and I were separated at birth (only several years apart, I'm sure). LOL

I love this picture. "Does he think he's a black cow?" Hilarious!

It's probably an attack ass.

KB said...

Not to be too boring, but Sheryl is probably correct with the attack ass theroy. Ranchers sometimes mix a donkey or two in with their herds to discourage coytoes and other predators. Donkeys can be mean. They also use Llamas to guard sheep. Apparently, coytoes are also afraid of tall things. These are thing you learn when you date a cattle rancher for five minutes

Rhonda Sloan said...

Okay, that ruins all my fun thoughts, but it sounds reasonable. However, the donkey isn't taller than the cattle. (I pulled over again to check...I think I might need a hobby!)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I know exactly how he feels.