Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hallelujah Thursday

I had a big "WTF? Wednesday" planned yesterday, but then I went to HEB for milk and discovered this...




"It's just wine," you say.

"NO!" I exclaim. "It's freedom!"

Freedom to purchase wine in the neighborhood I live in. That's right folks. Up until LAST NIGHT, I could not purchase wine unless I drove out of this county.

Don't ask me how I managed to move into a dry county in the first place, but I did redeem myself by dragging my butt to the polls in November to vote "yes" to wine sales and "yes" to being able to purchase a cocktail while dining out. And yes, I was up to my neck in children, and my husband was out of town, but a woman has to get her priorities straight.

So, WTF Wednesday was preempted by a bottle of Chianti.

4 comments:

omar said...

I'm picturing you running into the store with your hands in the air, yelling "FREEDOM!"

Congratulations, Rhonda's county. Now go get your crunk on.

(I'm not sure I'm using that term correctly.)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had no idea you were forced to live this way all this time. I could have smuggled stuff in from the northside had I known!!

Glad to hear things have improved for you though.

dalene said...

How odd that I probably live in one of the most teetotalerin' (not a word, I know, but you get my drift) places in the nation and I think it was easier for me to purchase wine than it was for you.

Denise said...

When I read this, I knew you were from around the pearland/sugarland area!

Happy Drinking.

:)