Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"What the F*ck?" Wednesday

One way to keep the 2 year old somewhat in line while nursing the baby is to turn on Sesame Street or The Wiggles. It's a not a perfect trick, but it does keep the destruction and tantrums minimal. But, it also turns my mind to mush, being that I am a "captive" audience.

So, I have been watching so much children's programming that I have found myself having issues with Elmo or Greg or whoever. For instance, Murray was explaining how all the Wiggles and their friends helped out with the furniture when they moved into Wiggle house. But in the next episode, the Little Wiggles are living in Wiggle house with all the same furnishings. WTF Wiggles? Did you think that would slide past me?

And Elmo...well, I love him. I rarely get too crazy watching him, but he needs to stop with the third person references. It gets old when Regis Philbin does it and it's getting old with you too, Elmo. I also don't believe that Mr. Penguin wanted his peanut butter sandwich on pumpernickel bread. I understand that the letter of the day was "P", but WTF Sesame Street? No one would order a peanut butter on pumpernickel with a potato and pineapple. No one.

I would think that maybe I was losing my mind a little, if my husband hadn't recently mentioned that he is having "issues" with Winnie the Pooh. Apparently, Winnie gave Roo a honey jar to present to his mom for her birthday, but he had eaten all the honey first. And on another episode he ate everyone's Halloween candy. So Dan thinks Winnie is a fat, lazy, inconsiderate bear who is sending the wrong messages to children. Take that, Pooh!

And speaking of....just a little update on PoopFest 2007. Whenever my daughter goes #2 now, she comes and tells us that she has "bad poo"...which is much better than having her smear it on the walls. So, if any of you parents out there experience it, cold showers are the answer. Say no to bad poo, kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Say no to bad poo." Sound like a campaign slogan.

Glad you got that problem solved. Now if only you could put an end to inane television.

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

I once read that we shouldn't read SNOW WHITE to our girls b/c she is a sl*t who lives with 7 men!

I guess you can read anything into anything!

Right? HAHAHAH!