Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Me Eat Pretty Houses


In our old neighborhood, where I still take my daughter to preschool, these signs are in every yard. Apparently, someone wants to put up a high rise. And while I am way too tired to take a side at the moment (it's a constant zoning debate here in Houston...we don't have any and that appears to be a problem!), I always laugh when I see these signs.

I picture the building coming to life and stomping around the neighborhood like Godzilla. "MEAN BUILDING EAT HAPPY NEIGHBORHOOD AND PEEK IN PEOPLE'S WINDOWS!"

They definitely get an A+ in the marketing department. This is the most memorable advertisement I have seen in a while.

6 comments:

omar said...

I don't know, I think the signs might backfire. I wouldn't want a high rise in my neighborhood, but then what if the high rise could defend me from giant Godzilla-like predators? Suddenly it's an asset.

Super Happy Girl said...

Won't someone think of the children looking at that sign?

Nightmare inducing really. If I lived there I'd have my own sing against the high rise monster.

Anonymous said...

I have a good giggle when I pass them too. We have to run past them occasionally. Breaks up the monotony just a little.

Anonymous said...

Tee hee!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Raveneaux Country Club neighbors are throwing some big time sh** fits right now because they sold club grounds to make a 486 unit apartment building. Who wants to have a million dollar house next to apartments and have the traffic and water run-off mess along with decreased property values?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh and they have boring signs that just say 'Stop JP Development' in black letters.

YAWN

If I can stay awake long enough after reading your lame, plain protest signs.