Sunday, October 21, 2007

Where the hell is Rhonda?

In a dark corner holding herself in the fetal position? Not yet.

BIG kudos to all of you ladies out there who have managed a toddler and a newborn. I know it's not impossible and yet, it is the hardest thing I have ever done. So the reason I haven't been posting much is because every "free" minute is used to make me feel sane again...by doing things like showering, eating and going to the restroom.


The highlight of this past week was finding my second gray hair. There it was sticking straight out from my temple. (The first showed up after I got married...and now this one appears once my sweet Anabella hits her terrible twos. No coincedence there.) Of course, I got right to work ridding myself of it, but unfortuately several innocent red hairs died in the process. Why are those little gray ones so hard to pull? Anyway, Dan put his fabulous spin on it.


Me: I can't believe I have a second gray hair! I'm only 37.

Dan: Well, at least it's not down there.


Me: Yes, that is quite a relief.

So, Here's the stats, in case anyone besides me is interested:

Times I've been projectile puked on: 4
Number of times I was fully dressed and ready to leave the house when it happened: 2
Times I've been peed on while changing a diaper: 3
Pounds lost: 37

Number of things I have bought off infomercials: 0 (only becuase I haven't had the energy to find my credit card.
Number of cold showers for Anabella after playing with poop: ZERO! Thank you for small miracles. However, she does have a new "trick", which I will tell you all about tomorrow.

Oh, and did I mention that we all fighting off a cold? Lovely.

5 comments:

omar said...

You have two kids younger than my one, who is not yet three. I can't even imagine it.

If you had a boy, you'd be getting peed on way more often. If that's any consolation.

dalene said...

Fight. Fight. I mean the cold.

Oh yeah and if you had a boy and you were changing the diaper on your lap he you'd be getting peed on right in the face. (CW, mother of four; three of them boys. You don't even want to know those numbers.)

And I can't wait till tomorrow!

Super Happy Girl said...

Forget about the gray hair:
Pounds lost: 37!!!
YEAH!

Omar and CW are right, boys have better aim when peeing :P

Anonymous said...

I came to see what Anabella's new trick is. But I fogot. Sometimes when you're a sleep-deprived momma the entire week is a blur and if feels like it's all one big today (sadly, with not nearly enough tonight).

Hope you all get better and get lots of sleep!

Anonymous said...

It looks like I also forgot how to spell forgot.