Sunday, October 28, 2007

"What the F*ck?" Chuck

WTF is up with Chuck Norris? He is EVERYWHERE, and I just don't understand the attraction/love/obsession.

First, there are Walker Texas Ranger reruns on at all times of the day and night. (Per an Internet search, that show went off the air 6 years ago...it's time to let it go, folks. Seriously. And for all you non-Texans who think that the show is a representation of life here in the Lone Star State, please come visit.)

Then, of course, there are the non-stop infomercials of Chuck and Christie Brinkley selling The Total Gym. I was also recently watching a episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien (which I NEVER watch), and he was playing clips from Chuck Norris movies. I turned on the radio last week and the morning show guys from the hippest station in town were giving out Chuck Norris "facts"... such as "Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his father" and "Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door." (Which were actually kind of funny, but I had no idea everyone held Chuck Norris in such high regard.)

He's in a Mountain Dew commercial (that is also pretty funny) and he also has a new Honda commercial with the tag line "tough meets classy."

So I have to know people...WTF is up with Chuck Norris??? He seems like a nice enough guy...I mean, he doesn't make me want to vomit like say, Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van D*ckhead. But I still don't get it.

Enlighten me...PLEASE.

2 comments:

omar said...

So wait, you're telling me that Texas isn't really like it is in Walker, Texas Ranger?

KB said...

My theory is that he exerts some kind of mind-control on people. How else can you explan 1-how Walker, Texas Ranger stayed on the air for 6 years and 2- why they let him starting "singing" the theme song

Opps...I've just confessed to having watched it... must hide under desk now