Sunday, November 09, 2008

Will the POOP ever stop?

I walked into my bedroom Friday night to find this pillow on the floor. (Don't worry, I don't have exercise mats on the floor in my room ... this was taken at the pillow's new home ... the garage.)

From the distance, I was like "Hmmm, what's that pillow doing in here? And what is on it? That couldn't be ... no ... that isn't ... SH*T!!!!"

So of course I scream for Dan, because this clearly happened on his watch.

Dan: That's definitely Frankie. Frankie sh*t all over that thing.

Me: So you are saying you think Frankie balanced on this ball while doing his business. Or you think he moved around so he could crap on various different spots on it?

Dan: I don't know! That's definitely dog sh*t.

Upon further investigation, we noticed spots on the carpet where poop had previously resided. And then it became crystal clear what happened.

Me: Anabella, did Frankie poop?

Anabella: Yes, in your bedroom. I cleaned it up.


Me: (in my head) OMG, are you serious? You used a silk, Marge Carson pillow to roll up dog sh*t off the floor? WTF??

Me: (out loud) That was really nice of you to help clean up, Anabella. Next time, tell mommy or daddy and let's use a paper towel, okay?

Anabella: (big, sweet smile) Okay, mommy.

Clearly, the poop is never going to stop. Ever since Anabella arrived, it has been a constant in my life ... kind of like sunrises, Pinot Grigio and cussing.

And if you are wondering why I still have the Poop Pillow, it's because my irrational mind is not totally convinced yet that it can't be cleaned.

7 comments:

Trix in the Stix said...

Yes very sweet of Anabella... BUT... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I think it's time to let go of hope and toss the poop pillow!

Unknown said...

The thought was there!

Oh my god pet shit ... ugh!

omar said...

Ew. I'm with Trix, it's about time to pitch the pillow.

Anonymous said...

Awww how cute of your daughter! My niece heaves when she sees dog poop in the yard. When she was a toddler and learning to use the potty, she'd heave when SHE was going number 2.

Also, yep! Toss the pillow.

Dan said...

not even I would keep that pillow.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that.

(Loved this post, by the way. Life is just like that sometimes, you know?)

Kaza said...

Hilarious! Love the whole what I'm really thinking vs. what I have to actually say to my little girl thing... sounds like our house.

I regret to inform you that the pillow? Is a goner. Not going to make it. Beyond resuscitation. Time to let go. (Sniff, sniff!)