Saturday, September 30, 2006

Speaking of random

Want to know what I miss about my 20's? Random phone calls at 2:00 a.m. from drunken friends or exs or people of "interest." Those conversations were ALWAYS fun.

Maybe it was the unexpectedness, or the way you wound up talking about something sort of deep, or really honest, or totally off-the-wall because you were half-asleep and your guard was down, and the drunk ass on the other end was being all sweet and complimentary.

I don't get those anymore. However I did get a 7:00 a.m. call from my friend Darla a few weeks back. She called (and woke me up) to tell me she didn't want me calling later and waking HER up because she hadn't gone to bed yet. But, that was just annoying, so it doesn't count.

2 comments:

dalene said...

Enjoy the break. Someday it could be those random 2 a.m. phone calls from your offspring (or so I'm told).

Hopefully not, but enjoy the reprieve.

(I enjoyed reading your other posts, by the way. How cool that your baby has two stamps in her passport already!)

Rhonda Sloan said...

I know those are coming. My dad had at least two that I can remember, so I am sure payback will be hell!